is the 17" imac shipping on the 7/31?

boi

official breaker of macs.
does anyone know the exact date? the apple store online says 3-4 weeks, but two weeks ago, mr. jobs said it'd be available in two weeks.
does anyone know?

I just checked the MacWarehouse, CompUSA, and CDW web sites and they all say 2+ weeks for delivery. I think they will not change the shipping status until they actually get those machines in their hands.

If you find out the date, let me know. ;)

still no word? georiga has a tax-free holiday this weekend, and i'd like to buy one then if possible :D

i'll call the apple store. it'd be best to buy from them because no tax, no shipping. macwarehouse is giving away 256 MB and an epson 820 photo (crap) printer with a purchase of a mac.

"new products have an estimated ship time of 2 to 4 weeks"
that's what she said anyway. so much for two weeks from MWNY. i'll see when CompUSA is planning on getting them.

well let me know if you find anything out... i'd really like to go ahead and get one ASAP, for obvious reasons. i waited all summer to see what MWNY had to offer.... cant.....wait.....much.......longer :D

does that mean my ipod won't ship for 2 to 4 weeks also? is that from today? at that rate, i'll get my copy of jaguar sooner...

can't wait for my ipod.

MacMall has posted on their web site that they will be available in late August, 2002.

We have a three-four more weeks wait. :(

i believe i'm just going to pre-order mine on macmall.com, and wait till it comes out. looks like we're not going to see a definate release date from anyone.

Originally posted by wtmcgee
still no word? georiga has a tax-free holiday this weekend, and i'd like to buy one then if possible :D

What the hell is that? A Tax-Free holiday? The US is nuts. I thought it was crazy with states' having their own laws but, tax free holidays. That's great!

i suppose that it's the state govt trying to stimulate the economy - get people into the stores - obviously i'd like to take advantage of 7% off $2,000 - but i can also order online and get the same savings.

Originally posted by alexachucarro

What the hell is that? A Tax-Free holiday? The US is nuts. I thought it was crazy with states' having their own laws but, tax free holidays. That's great!

Originally posted by wtmcgee
i suppose that it's the state govt trying to stimulate the economy - get people into the stores - obviously i'd like to take advantage of 7% off $2,000 - but i can also order online and get the same savings.

7% tax? we pay 17.5% tax!!!

:eek:

ouch! most all online retailers waive sales tax though, so it shouldn't be an issue with you hopefully.

WHEEEE!!!!! the imac 17" is shipping in 1-2 days, so says the apple store! i'll get mine in next week!
:D :D :D :D :D i'm soooooo excited!!!!

But only the default 256 MB Ram configuration, apparently. Customize the order (more ram or an airport card) shipping time jumps to 3-4 weeks :(

just ordered :D

anyone know the best deal for 256 or 512mb ram for the iMac???

Originally posted by macavenger
But only the default 256 MB Ram configuration, apparently. Customize the order (more ram or an airport card) shipping time jumps to 3-4 weeks :(

boi!

does this mean that the ipods will ship soon too? i ordered one of the new 10GB models on the 19th of july... it seems like it was forever ago!

i hope we'll see them shipped this week, and i hope you enjoy the imac; i know i would!

hmm, after i placed my order, it said 3-4 weeks, rather than the 2-3 days it said right before i ordered.

guess we'll have to see when it gets here :D

blargh! one day after i ordered it, the shipping time went back to 3-4 weeks. i can't stand it! apple store's gonna make me go crazy!

Back