Is The Drobo S (2nd Gen Firewire) Working With El Capitan ?

amcliz

Registered
Does anyone know if the Drobo S (2nd Gen Firewire) working with El Capitan ?

I have spoken with Drobo and they have informed me that this is the end of the line for support and testing as far as this particular product goes.... so I'm no left with a situation that I either stay as I am on Yosemite or purchase an upgrade from Drobo.... the Drobo 5D, which also comes only with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connectivity which I'm now not sure will even work with my MacPro 12 Core (Mid 2010) main work computer.

I was going to upgrade to a new MacPro but there's new refresh imminent... so I'm at a loss as what to do.

I currently have about 15TB (QTY 5 x 3TB Drives) worth of Drobo backup capacity backing up work files, personal photos, movies, music and this is all working perfectly.

I also have a partition setup testing all my core apps... and they are all really running well... no real issue... but this issue... which I didn't really even consider seems to be now the big stumbling block to upgrading.

Has anyone tested their own Drobo S on the new El Capitan update....? and if so, what was the result/results ?

Any advice or comments most welcome.

Best regards,
Anthony
Irish MacUser and MacAddict

Back