is the ipod battery this crappy?

Moreese

Registered
I just got a 15 gig ipod after lusting after them for the last 6 months.
I love everything about it except the battery. I'll fully charge it on my computer and after 20 minutes I'm down to 3 bars on the battery. Then after about an hour it will alternate between 2-3 bars, and it will be down to half less than two hours in. The lowest it's gone down is to 1 bar after about 3 hours at the most. It even does this when the light is turned totally off.

Doesn't this seem pretty lame for a device that costs $400.00, or do I just have a lemon? What are the rest of you experiencing?

Thanks,
Maurice

Wow. My original 5 gig iPod lasts days, and plays for hours. Sounds like your battery is bum. If it's under warranty still, tell Apple.

Yeah, that isn't normal. My new 30 gig one will last for days or play for a good 6 hours or so (I like the EQ & listening to it loud :D). So will my old 5 gig iPod.

Turn it back to Apple and they send you a new one. It happened with me: the batery of my 10 GB iPod did't last one hour, after fullly charged. I send it to my Apple reseler and after a while they gave me a new iPod (but only the iPod, the chargerm the firewire cable and the phones were the same)

Also, which firmware version are you using? There were battery issues before some of the later updates.

Back