Is There A Way Not To Use WMP?

BIGDOGquake3

Get It, BIG MAC! ::ha::
I have a cupple of very funny movies and they are in WMP (Windows Media Player) format. Is ther a way or a program that I can use to read these files, becides WMP bucause it runs so crappy and choppy (prob. because its a microsoft product) any way is there a way :confused:

Things I have tried
1. Trying to open it in any kind of system program I have (iMovie, DVD Player, Q.T. etc...)

If memory serves me correctly, I believe VLC can play Windows Media Player files... but that's only if memory serves me. *shrugs*

WHAT, and here I am all this time using that garbage WMP. Skipping, poor image quality, thanks for the heads up on these better apps.

That's awesome! I never knew VLC or Mplayer would do it. Just like Urbansory, I've been putting up with this crap for far too long!

I don't have any MS **** on here :)
Welll (looking at feet), I guess IE... but (brightening up) I never use it! I'm just to lazy to take it off. :)

How about this, what if I ditch WMP. Log out and log back in so all the WMP files (movies) are all blank documents. Then I will open them up and choose VLC or MPlayer as the defalt app, thus causing all WMP downloads to open up using VLC or MPlayer. You think I can do this :confused:

Actually, if you just "Get Info" on a file, and then change the "Open with..." properties, you can choose whatever program you like, and click something like "always open documents of this type with this" and that will associate those files with that app. No need to ditch WMP... just in case.

There is a new version of VLC that is VERY nice. I've used both VLC and MPlayer. VLC has worked better overall for me. VLC also plays DVDs. I don't know if MPlayer does.

Doug

they both don't support WMP 9 made media though, and neither does WMP for OSX.

all that beautiful HALO 2 footage can't be seen from home. :(

Back