Is there any mail notification utility for Mac ?

I now get a distortion of the mail icon in the dock...no notification I have new mail
and no sound either. I used Disk Warrior, applejack utility and apple tech support
as this is a new MacMini running 10.5.7.
Nothing has fixed it ...some asshole on one of the board to go to prefs for mail,
to accounts to Advanced and deselect "use IDLE command" well this does not
exist in preference...must be some 12 year old geek playing games

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Hm I don't quite get it. Why would you need a notifier at all? Mail.app shows new messages on a badge in the Dock. Doesn't that "inform you" that new mail has arrived? Mail also gives a sound when new mail arrives. You can set up rules that play different sounds when different things happen. (Automatically sort stuff from an important contact and play a loud sound, for example...)

Hm I don't quite get it. Why would you need a notifier at all?

Ah, well we all use our macs differently, The reason why I need another notify is that I like to hide my dock, so I wouldn't see when something comes in, and as for sounds, I do a lot of recording so a ding or whatever can occur at very inopportune moments!!

I found a cracking little app called Dockstar, it does just what I want, it puts an icon on the top menu bar with the number of unread mails, I can use multiple icons to show different types of mail and it even has a screensaver, very basic, but it also shows if there's new mail

Back