is there still no way to keep DVD player window on top?

agh98

Registered
I can't believe apple can't make this option in their otherwise improved program. Are there any workarounds or alternative programs that anyone knows about? Now that I have this beautiful G5, it would be nice to do some multitasking.

so I could make the window small and have it float over other applications in the corner while doing other things. Windows has it, I can't believe OS X doesn't.

You can do this with vlc (which is free, excellent and plays almost anything), download it from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ . To watch a dvd go to File>Open SOurce, then select the disc tab and select the relevant disc from the little drop down menu. (Alternatively i think you can select the video-ts on the dvd folder from just below that).

Then play, make the player the size you want, and select "float on top" from the video menu.

Thank you!
Amazingly, I already have VLC installed... just didn't know it could play DVDS! Duh.
Thanks again.

I know this is a topic that has frustrated and plagued everyone but did u really think that apple would create a laptop or desktop that wouldn't be able to complete this simple task of keeping windows on top of other windows? THIS IS HOW YOU ACCOMPLISH IT. 1. Click (VIEW) at the top of the screen. 2. Click (VIEWER ABOVE OTHER APPS) and there you have it. problem solved. your dvd player or iTunes player should be on top of other windows :)

u don't need to install anything onto your computer to keep the dvd player or iTunes player on top of other windows... just click view and click (viewer above other apps)

and you had to come back to a 7 year old post to ask me this?

Is that your best answer?

Poking a Moderator . . . after
4e3eea7f.gif
T3h D34dly Thr4d N3cr0m4ncy
4e3eea7f.gif
?

Not exactly the wisest of courses. . . .

--J.D.

Back