iSight for lectures?

toezter

Registered
has anyone used an iSight to record audio only for lectures?

i was thinking about an iTalk, but i'd have far more uses with a nice "web" cam.

That actually sounds like a very good idea. I know for a fact that the iSight's microphone gives pretty good sound quality. It would be more "aimable" and of course you could use it to grab video instead if and when you felt like it.

so, its possible?

whats the difference between the iSights mic vs. other USB "high end" mics?

Check your university rules first, many actually have bans on recording lectures, especially in advanced courses and the sciences, as the lecture notes often form the basis of textbooks.

ora said:
Check your university rules first, many actually have bans on recording lectures, especially in advanced courses and the sciences, as the lecture notes often form the basis of textbooks.

wow, thats the first i've heard of that. i know for sure that its ok, and my professors recomoned that we record lectures.

You don't even really need an external mic.

A friend just used the built in mic of his 12" PB to record a presentation and the sound came through fine.

Kap

Ceroc Addict said:
You don't even really need an external mic.

A friend just used the built in mic of his 12" PB to record a presentation and the sound came through fine.

Kap

i take notes while in class, so i'd hear typing while recording with the onboard mic. i've tried it.

toezter said:
i take notes while in class, so i'd hear typing while recording with the onboard mic. i've tried it.

Why do you need to type when you are recording it? Or is someone chatting on aim durring class... tisk tisk.

iSights are expensive, but are very very nice. I was really impressed by the picture quality when I used one. If you don't think you are going to use the video I don't see what the point of it would be then.

I would try one out first, if you haven't used one head out to the mayfair mall in milwaukee, they have an apple store (CompUSA might have em too)

On a some what related note, I wanted to get an iSight, but then my Mom would be bugging me to do video chats with her :-/

HateEternal said:
Why do you need to type when you are recording it? Or is someone chatting on aim durring class... tisk tisk.

iSights are expensive, but are very very nice. I was really impressed by the picture quality when I used one. If you don't think you are going to use the video I don't see what the point of it would be then.

I would try one out first, if you haven't used one head out to the mayfair mall in milwaukee, they have an apple store (CompUSA might have em too)

On a some what related note, I wanted to get an iSight, but then my Mom would be bugging me to do video chats with her :-/

very intersting HateE. you mean, you don't want your mother to see you at the kitchen table...*nudge nudge*

question still stands tho, how far and well can the iSight record a/v? i sit in the back of my lecture hall.

Back