ISO images - how do you mount them?

Ghoser777

Registered
Does anyone know how to mount iso images in Darwin? I can't figure it out. I know FreeBSD has vnconfig, and I think all other *nix's do as well... except for Darwin... AND IT PISSING ME OFF!!! Any body got an idea? I try to recompile vnconfig for Darwin, but I can't get it to recognize a header file: It's sort of like that joke where you point your computer monitor at the printer and say, "It's right there!!! What do you mean you can't see it?"

Thanks in advance,
F-bacher

There's a command called mount_cd9660.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for - the man page sounds like it actually has to be a real filesystem, not an image file.

That's the only promising thing that showed up when I grep'ed my executable path for "iso" and "9660".

Presumable you've tried the version of disk copy that came with OS X...

Originally posted by scruffy
There's a command called mount_cd9660.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for - the man page sounds like it actually has to be a real filesystem, not an image file.

That's the only promising thing that showed up when I grep'ed my executable path for "iso" and "9660".

Presumable you've tried the version of disk copy that came with OS X...

Actually, I need to only use Darwin. The idea is that you have a machine somehwere and you have Darwin intalled on a CD. You boot from the CD and the CD automatically connects you to a server that downloads the gziped iso file. You ungzip it and then u unmount it, copy it over to the harddrive (after parititioning and stuff, blah, blah, blah) and then run a post copy script that will setup the Ip and other computer specific things. So I can't use the OSX disk image copy utility. (Which by the way SUCKS as of PB... it won't let you make disc images, although i hope it will in OSX 1.0). So anyone have an idea?

F-bacher

Back