Issues with nav. bar (site) and Safari Version 2.0.4 (419.3).

dalo

Registered
Hello folks.

There's an issue where Version 2.0.4 (419.3) of Safari is being used, and one clicks on the horizontal blue navigation bar almost on top of this page (Starting from left with User CP, FAQ, Members List (...) etc.), and when I click, say, "Search", the script that popups the Search dialog does indeed popup. But it does so at a totally wrong place. I cannot remember after witch Safari issue this was a problem, or if it realted to upgrades to the site software, but the Search dialog (and perhaps other windows as well), opens up at the far right of the screen. Moving the mouse there (tabbing is sufficient for activating the search filed, but users might want to choose Advanced search options for finding, say, all post by a specific user or other advanced criteria), is not an easy task: It is designed to close again when the mouse pointer leaving the popup field. Since the mouse pointer STARTS from being so far off-field, it's virtually impossible to click on Advanced search options.

Or is this related to my monitor resolution, and the fact that I've got a widescreen now? At any rate, no website should require the users to change the behaviour of the computer, the web is about user control.

It happens here as well. Seems to be a bug in the CSS positioning.

Well, I realised now that it WAS related to the resolution of the monitor. But it's still a bug, the rest of the page is centered no matter what the resolution --the search field should be as well.

Yeah, but rather than screen resolution, it's about the window's width. Still a positioning bug. :)

Back