Issues With Permissions and Visibilty ...

WebDevSwitcher

Registered
Hi,

I'm a webdeveloper and as a recent switcher I have found the Mac and OS X a fantastic experience. I have very quickly found my feet, and was amazed that I could get Apache up and running with a click of a button. Also, the ease of installing PHP and MySQL cannot be rivalled.

But this now leads me on to my problem ...

I need to be able to edit the PHP.ini file, and the Apache HTTPD file ... but on searching for these through spotlight returns no results ... So I've a feeling the system has hidden them.

Is there a way to expose the Apache, PHP and MySQL folders permanently !? I know there are freeware downloads that will reveal every hidden file, but I only want to reveal these three folders, and all files and folders held within.

Now I expect the solution, if there is one, will come via the Terminal, and although I've a little UNIX experience, I'm no whizzkid. So if someone knows the solution, could they please explain it as simply as possible.

(I have tried using the 'visible/not visible' option in finder and this also doesn't work)

Any/all help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Not sure if it's the same one or not, but I have this one on my system:

/private/etc/php.ini.default

I used this:
sudo find / -iname '*php*ini*'

Dale

Back