iSync 1.1/QT 6.3

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
Yes! iSync 1.1 adds support for a multitude of phones (my Nokia 3650 included), along with Safari bookmark syncing.

Plus, with QT 6.3, the 3GPP format is supported allowing me to view the tiny movies my phone makes...

(As you can see, it doesn't take much to make me happy!)

Originally posted by serpicolugnut
Yes! iSync 1.1 adds support for a multitude of phones (my Nokia 3650 included), along with Safari bookmark syncing.

Plus, with QT 6.3, the 3GPP format is supported allowing me to view the tiny movies my phone makes...

(As you can see, it doesn't take much to make me happy!)

Damn you ARE fast! :D

And lucky! I'm also lucky because I'm going to buy that sweet Sony-Ericsson T610 after all... We, the Mac users, are lucky!

Now, if only that G970 will be out in 20 days from now :rolleyes:

:p ;)

:)

Anyone see that slide phone, not sure who makes it, the face slides back to reveal the keys, thats the phone i truely must have, I hope it is supported as well. Looks like I will have to get a phone so i can try out this new Quicktime technology, finally something new to jump on.

Damn you ARE fast!

Not only did I get it posted here before the big 3 (Macminute, Maccentral and MacNN), but my news sites OS X Factor beat them to the punch as well...

It pays to constantly scan the news wire....

Wooooooooohoooo! Finally I can synch my 3650's contacts. Not the calendar so far, though. :/ ... But: :) :) :) :)

Originally posted by Urbansory
Anyone see that slide phone, not sure who makes it, the face slides back to reveal the keys, thats the phone i truely must have, I hope it is supported as well. Looks like I will have to get a phone so i can try out this new Quicktime technology, finally something new to jump on.

Guess you are referring to the old Nokia 7650 unless you mean the new Siemens SL55 which has yet to be launched.

In either case, both phones are supported by iSync 1.1

Have fun!

Wooooooooohoooo! Finally I can synch my 3650's contacts. Not the calendar so far, though. :/ ... But:

Don't worry - according to their iSync page, it's coming soon!

So, fryke - not only do we have the same PC, but now we have the same phone too? :)

I have a digital hub!!!! My Motorola V60c is now supported by iSync 1.1! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

One issue though. Since my phone's info is always the most recent, I told iSync to always warn me when things have changed. So that seems to do what I want. I had deleted contacts in the phone, and when I ran sync again it said that they would be removed from the computer. Perfect. But, after the sync they are still there but just with blank information. Anyone else see this?

Originally posted by plastic
Guess you are referring to the old Nokia 7650 unless you mean the new Siemens SL55 which has yet to be launched.

In either case, both phones are supported by iSync 1.1

Have fun!

I work for Siemens Mobile (UK) and the SL55 was released yesterday on Orange (UK Network).

The phone is too small for Bluetooth so I'm not too sure how that will get supported if it does.

Alex

I'm glad you guys are happy.....I have a Nokia 6100 and I >>>STILL<<< can't do a dam thing!!!!!! with iSync. Jez!

Originally posted by hazmat
I had deleted contacts in the phone, and when I ran sync again it said that they would be removed from the computer. Perfect. But, after the sync they are still there but just with blank information. Anyone else see this?

I get the same thing. I shut off syncing with the phone book and just use it for iCal to my datebook in the phone.

this is kinda ot but im gonna just fire away :
does anyone know if the sonyericsson P800 is supported by any of the major us carriers? im lookin into getting a cellphone and really want a sweet one. and hopefully all i have to do to get the phone is sign a service contract, and i get the price of the phone rebated...
anyone know if that is that case, and if not, when will the phone become avaliable in the us?

Has anyone else noticed, that quicktime will sometimes pop a message up, saying that a plugin that is required, is not on the website/downloadable?

Its shown up twice (once after I installed it, and just now, after I woke my system up). It doesn't even mention WHAT plugin it needs. Straunge!

No! You cannot replace a core system framework and not reboot! Is it really *that* much of a burden?

And what is up with Androo's random Fire-whatsit posts?

Originally posted by mr. K
this is kinda ot but im gonna just fire away :
does anyone know if the sonyericsson P800 is supported by any of the major us carriers? im lookin into getting a cellphone and really want a sweet one. and hopefully all i have to do to get the phone is sign a service contract, and i get the price of the phone rebated...
anyone know if that is that case, and if not, when will the phone become avaliable in the us?

Take a look at the SE T610. I got a Nokia 6800, and right after I got it I saw the T610. Now I can't wait to sell the 6800. The T610 beats the P800 in my opinion. If you want a PDA/phone, the Kyocera 7135 is the first one that is actually useful as a phone and a PDA. Check it out.

I really like the fact that Apple is supporting more phones in the new iSync. The only problem is, I have a Motorola T720i from Motorola and while it syncs, it will not sync to the sim card no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

Back