iSync issue: NSNull timezone

bhowardtn1

Registered
Since installing Tiger, I get an error when using iSync. It successfully syncs mail, but then gets stopped in iCal, first telling me that my calendars have been reset in .Mac, and giving me an option to merge or replace... I select merge...then ultimately get the message

*** -[NSNull timeZone]: selector not recognized [self = 0xa0727218]

the sync stops at this point.

This is happening on my powerbook and on my iMac. Per an earlier question, I did have timezone support checked, and both were set to Central time zone. I have unchecked those, and this has not changed the issue.

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem, on both a 12" PowerBook, and on a Dual 2.0 G5. I just unchecked Calendar syncing, and everything else works fine. But I need my calendars synced!!!

I have no idea what's going on, if anyone has any thoughts on this, please let us know!

[p]

This is from Apple's Boards;

I just got off with an extended call with AppleCare folks. We seem to have solved the problem. The issue lies with how .Mac and iCal are working together.

Here are the steps we took:
1. GO into the .Mac Sync Prefs found in System preferences.
2. Select "Advanced"
3. Select all of the computers listed and then click on "unregister".
4. After all computers are unregistered Click on "Reset Sync Data". You want to effectively erase all of the data on .Mac -- Make sure you do not erase the data on your computer.
5. After everything is cleared from .Mac you want to re-register one of the computers.
6. After one of the computers is re-registered then within the .Mac sys. preferences window click on the "Sync" tab. There you will check the box that says "Synchronize with .Mac" as well as the individual items you wish to sync. For now I am just doing the Bookmarks, Calendars and Contacts.
7. Now select "Sync Now" and when given the option you need to choose "Merge data".

This should work. After it works on one machine it will be save to do so on the other. Make sure you choose merge because if you choose to have the .Mac data overwrite the computer info you will lose your data since .Mac will not yet have anything in it.

I have tried the above, and it has not solved the problem. I can sync bookmarks, contacts, etc...but not the calendar, and get the same errror message. I have an iMac and Powerbook...I tried the above suggested solution in multiple ways...using the iMac first, then the Powerbook, etc... Any new thoughts? Is anyone syncing iCal successfully between multiple computers?

Back