iSync issue/question

limike28

Registered
I am not sure if this is an issue or not. I have a PB running 10.4.5 and iSync 2.1.1. Now I know with the release of Tiger there were some changes to how iSync works with .Mac.

I recently got a Motorola Razr, and have it syncing through iSync as well with no issues.

However, if I click on the "Sync Now" button on the drop down menu of status indicator on the menu bar, it only syncs .Mac, and not the phone. To sync the phone I need to go into iSync.

Is this working as designed? And if it is, is there any way to work around this? It's a bit annoying having to take the extra steps to open the application.

It's designed like this. They simply took away the most important feature of that iSync menu item. Probably because they want users to go .mac, finally. Sadly, even _then_ it only syncs to .mac, further defying the purpose of that menubar item. Maybe there's some freeware or shareware menu item that still does what Panther's version did? Or maybe someone could write that? Or can one use the old version of just the menu item somehow?

I was afraid that was the case that it's working as designed. I use .Mac and I like it. (I know the pro/con debate goes on and on) It's just surprising that the feature to sync all isn't present on that list. Maybe someone will know of freeware or addin or something.

Back