Isync'ing Bookmarks

alky

Registered
Hi,

I seem to be having a problem iSyncíng my Bookmarks so that I can see my favourites on my PC in work. I use Firefox so have exported the bookmarks and imported them to Safari, but the problem is that although iSuync says that everything is sync'd my bookmarks online do not change.

Im wondering if the problem may be because the password in the system preferences is showing 12 digits and my login to my mac account is less than this. When I change this it reverts back to the 12 digits when I next look. Im not sure if this is a security precaution because iDisk and iSync seem to log in correctly.

Any light on this appreciated :)

thanks,

Greg.

p.s. I'm running OSX 3.9.1 on a G5

alky said:
Im wondering if the problem may be because the password in the system preferences is showing 12 digits and my login to my mac account is less than this. When I change this it reverts back to the 12 digits when I next look. Im not sure if this is a security precaution because iDisk and iSync seem to log in correctly.
It is a security thing. OS X lies about the number of characters in a password to make it harder to guess.

Back