It DEFINITELY grows on you!!!

zootbobbalu

Registered
The general vibe I'm getting from people's reaction is that the new iMac looks aweful at first, but it starts to grow on you later. I for one have to say DITTO to that!! I think Steve tried too hard to show off how the base looks, but since the design of the new iMac turns the CPU into a monitor base, we no longer have to think of the CPU as something that needs to be pleasing to the eye. As long as the base is structurally sound, the base (CPU in this casae) does its job.

Nobody cares how the support stand to their 17" monitor looks, because we never see it. The same can be said for the base of the new iMac. I never liked putting a monitor on top of a CPU like most people. I usually like the monitor as close to keyboard as possible. When you position the flat panel on the new iMac close to where a keyboard will be without blocking the CD/DVD drive, you simply have what looks like a monitor in front of you. This ability is what makes the design great. Nothing futuristic about that. We should think of the new iMac as beauty in motion. This point is exemplified pretty well when the iMac is animated.

You can't block the CD/DVD drive. It's an Apple product, they think about what they are building.

Back