it drives me crazy

designer

Registered
WTF!

Where is the F*&% Flash for OS X?

What are they thinking?

I know I can download Flash6 beta for window, but I can't even find any sight of Flash6 for Mac. :mad:

This is first time and last time I use "F" word.

"F" word? you mean f**k? f**k those a-holes at macromedia? I hate macromedia. "F" flash. Livemotion 2.0 will kick ass (i hope) I have both Livemotion 1.0, and Flash 5. Never use flash... always use LiveMotion.

Uhm... Nummi, while I too am really frustrated with Macromedia, could we refrain from using the "F" word in its entirety please? Cuss away in the "mind if I cuss" thread, but not out here for all the nice professionals to see please.

Thanks. :D

Talk about really leaving Mac users shafted. They have four applications left to be updated for OS X - Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Director. And not a word as to when any of them will be released. In their financial statement made a few weeks ago, they said they expected better revenues from new versions of Dreamweaver and Flash to impact their bottom line by Q2, but all that means is that by the end of 'Q2 they will have these apps out. Pretty vague.

Flash, up until version 5.0 was on a 12 month upgrade cycle. Flash 5 came out in July of 2000, so right now it's been over 18 months since it was last released. This is why Macromedia has been losing money. What compelling upgrade did they have in 2001? Freehand, and that was it. If they want $$$, they have to produce the software for us to buy. It's that simple...

want my best guess as to when you will see most of these in osx - late march or early april. reason, that's when this special educational offer ends. this one

but then i'm always wrong;)

OK,

I will be fine with LM if I were only animator. But I like to use scripts to make things work.

I guess I have to wait couple more months maybe more :mad:

Anybody else tend to have problems when loading websites in IE, that are completely done in Flash??

It slows the browser badly sometimes, I think Flash is ok for medium use but a full website made in flash is just way too slow!

I bought freehand just so I could have something in OS X. STUPID STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID. I cannot stand freehand. Now I do not have any money for Illustrator X. CRAP! Illustrator/adobe is soooo much better. (in my opinion)

Adobe have seized their moment with glory. Illustrator 10 is fab, Photoshop 7 looks fantastic, GoLive 6 will seriously challenge anything MM can throw at it, and now Livemotion 2 is going to have loads of new features (such as actionscripting).

Well done Adobe, I love your apps almost as I love those Macs!;)

Adobe Illustrator 10 is a great app, as is Photoshop 7...

However, I've been using GoLive6 for a couple of weeks now, and as much as I want to migrate to it, the fact is it's just not as intuitive, easy to use, or elegant as Dreamweaver - which sucks, because GoLive6 is carbonized and Dreamweaver isn't. Hell, I even bought a copy of GoLive4 on eBay just so I could upgrade to 6, but I may wait a little while longer and see if Dreamweaver appears at Seybold...

As for release dates for the missing big three (Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash) - I think they are getting close. ThinkSecret reports that Photoshop will be out by March, which was my original estimate too. I think they will announce it at Seybold this month, take preorders, and ship in early to mid March...

As for Dreamweaver, I'm hoping for a Seybold release, but Macromedia has been so quiet, who knows when it will be out. It will definitely be out before Q2, as they have stated they expect Q2 sales to be impacted by upgrades of Dreamweaver and Flash.

As for Flash, it has to be close to a release with Macromedia releasing the beta Flash 6 plugin. FlashForward 2002 is coming in April. I would speculate that Flash6 will ship before then or that day.

The question is - what will we pine for when the big three are finally out?

Answer - OS X 10.2 (which will surely be renamed 10.5 so Apple can charge more money for it!)

Cannot stand MM applications. The main reason is the interface (this is a personal preference, so you won't change my mind(s)!)

So I don't give a damnation 'bout Dreamweaver (I do like those catchy names though... Fireworks, Dreamweaver... must make you feel like Gandalf!):D

Anyways, I've tried a fairly recent beta of GoLive; still sluggish, but the workgroup thing is a fantastic bonus (considering MM are charging £2500/$3200 etc. for Sitespring (that's more of a hobbit word);)

... but Macromedia released a beta version of their Flash 6 player for Mac OS X, at least, and I believe for Classic Mac OS as well. Go to www.versiontracker.com to check it out. I have it installed, and supposedly IE, Opera, and Netscape make use of it, but OmniWeb does too as well. :D

Prediction:

MM will die in the Mac market very soon. Their lackluster commitment to X is the catalyst, plus the simple fact that Adobe has caught up (and exceeded in my opinion) MM's product line.

MM's products have the stupidest interface, if you even want to call it that. Director and Flash are the most unnecessarily complicated programs I've ever used. You have to jump throuh ten hoops to do the simplest thing. Sure, they're powerful as hell, but so is C++, it doesn't mean I want to program, I just want a title to fly in, you idiots.

And who picked the frame vs. time-based timeline in Director? What genius thought that would be a good idea? The same one that doesn't understand the concept of keyframes apparently.

Adobe's lineup is powerful. It is well integrated. MM's lineup is totally disfunctional in comparison.

Livemotion/After Effects/GoLive/Photoshop will be the Microsoft Office of the media creation world. MM will be the Corel Draw suite.

ha! gimme my flying toasters, you idiots!!

i completely agree. MM is over for macs. Adobe will rule it all, they just need a Director alternative and an Entourage alternative.

MM just upgraded Director to 8.5.1 to give it full compatability for XP, nice for them to throw in a Shockwave Player for OSX, bastards. according to their TechNotes, they don't even support it in Classic mode, they say to reboot into os 9. heres to that... 3-

we ran a test on Flash Player 5 on Virtual PC and the frame rates were better then on the same mac. theres not a word to describe that frustration and amazement. oh yeah there is... Adobe.

Back