iTMS Europe 800,000 in first week!!!

That's pretty good! ... just imagine the numbers they would have gotten if they would have released it in the whole of Europe ...

you know the execs of od2 and other music services in europe just threw up in their mouths a little when reading those #s. :D i wonder if there will ever be a time that legal music downloads out number illegal?

if the movie industry had half a brain, they would be begging apple to develop a technology for legally distrubuting movies seeing as pirated movies seem to be the new trend.

All in due time. Apple doesn't have the same (iPod) technology to support the playback of movie downloads.... yet! ;)

I think the movie side of things will be the exact opposite. People don't want to buy movies they want to rent them. Fortunetly, I live down here in moviebeam territory and love it. If they could expand there library just a bit. Now, if the networks or even cable had a service where you could download a show for 99 cents then I would never have to set my tivo. I could care less about downloading master and commander. But what I want is the 6th episode of friends, or the final survivor pearl islands, or some woman wants her passsions, or joe and bill want queer as folk. Those are the only thing i've used bit torrent for and it sucks. That's what I want steve to fix. I just hop on ivideo app and search for any network releasead show/not movie within the last 60 years. That way I can watch tv when I want to and not have my tivo holding 200 hours of programming.

I knew iTunes Europe would kick a$$ the first week. This is totally awesome. Competitors got blown away ...

Imagine in Oct when the rest of europe gets access to iTunes.

yup yup yup i agree when the rest of europ joins in apple could be seeling well over 5m songs a week, its strange that so many of them, over half in fact were sold in the UK (450 000) and again apple says in its press release EACH store holds more than 700 000, a little white there apple - didnt some one from the company allrady admit that it was the combination of all three that made 700 000? anyway apple still says on the front of the UK apple page (and i presume France and German sites) that each store (France, Germany and the UK) holds more than 700 000 - whcih they definatly don't!

Back