iTMS from outside USA

KenDRhyD

Registered
A great deal of the offerings on iTMS look incredibly good -- but it seems only if you live in the USA!

I live in Canada, and I can access iTMS, and I have even purchased some songs. But recently, almost everything that I attempt to purchase comes back with either "not available in the Canadian store" or "the item has moved" (the latter is for 'free' items that may not be available outside the USA either).

I have asked in the past, but I get no response from Apple on this -- either when things will be available in Canada, or how items can be marked as available in Canada, or how I can restrict my displays/searches to contain only items that are available in Canada.

Can anyone help me here with information or how to attempt to get a response from Apple?

Maybe someone will also tell us when we can actually get an ITMS store in New Zealand never mind complaining about the type of music available. Snowball's chance as usual.
Best.

This bugs me, too, even though I'm in the U.S. I frequently run into things that are only available in a different country, and there's no way for me to know until I click on them. Annoying!

I was excited when Apple first started unifying their store, assuming it meant that all their titles would soon be available worldwide, but...no such luck! Looks like it's just because they're too lazy to maintain separate databases...

Welcome to DRM. That's one of the reasons why I'm still going to buy my music on CDs and my movies on DVDs: Freedom.

I agree it's rediculous.* We have these TV shows on cable/satellite in other countries, the US isn't the only one that shows them.

Back