iTrip Revision??

doofy10

Registered
Now that the Firewire port has been moved to underneath the iPod, how do you think the iTrip will be revised to accomodate it?? I hope the leave the unit "wireless," as that feature alone is what makes iTrip better than any other FM transmitter. Also, how long do you think it will be until the revised version is released??
-Doofy

kind of tricky because the FW port is used to power iTrip.

i doubt they're very concerned because there are a 100,000+ original iPods out there that iTrip was designed for.

there is little need for them to release iTrip for the new iPod anytime soon.

in general though, FM transmitters suck.

The firewire port is NOT used to power the iTrip, it is just a piece of plastic there that holds it in place. The iTrip is actually powered by the sound port (where the remote control is usually powered). Griffin will probably make one for the new iPod, but as kendall says probably not for awhile, and this time they will have to make it so it powered by the power/gnd in the bus on the bottom of the new ipod, this is better actually because it is getting cleaner sound from line-out, and you don't loose the headphone port. But yes, FM transmitters aren't the way to go if you want amazing sound, invest in a AUX-out headunit and run a RCA from the AUX in to the LINE OUT on the ipod dock, mount the dock somewhere in your car, and you're golden. I'll post pics of my integration later tonight.

iTrip 2 is on the way. It is powered off the headphone jack on the older iPods but on the new iPods i think they just have to tap into that slot next to the headphone jack. They shouldn't have to go all the way to the bottom.

And if i knew how to install AUX stuff on my car i'd go for it. But you have to take stuff apart and i'm not for that. ;)

Yea, as twister said, the current one is powered by the remote control circle around the headphone jack. logically then, the new iTrip will be powered by the new remote control slot, just to the left of the audio out (heaphone) on the new iPod. I'm not even positive if you can get a charge from the slots on the bottom, it may just be one way...

Originally posted by frog_always
Not going to see them any time soon 6 to 8 weeks before they have em. :(

That means four months in Griffin's terms :D
By that time, Apple have probably made the iPod thinner, so it won't fit anymore :p

Back