• Yes

• No...

Results are only viewable after voting.

iPenguin

Hey, Look!
THEY DID IT !!!!!!!!!

THREE CHEERS FOR APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ANNOUNCED X.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YES!

No, it's very un-cool and un-fun. Think about it: by announcing OS X 10.1, they make it official that there are no more OS 10.0.x updates, and that means our next update is in September. If there was an 10.1 update in September and a OS 10.0.5 update half way between now and then, I would be very happy with this keynote. It would also allow the update to be smaller (it's rumored to be 600MB!), and more people would be happy. There's nothing stopping them from putting up a very small update every week! Actually, I would like that; I enjoy running software update!

mr_mac_x: Mac OS X 10.1 will feature big, structural changes to the OS, changes that may rely on each other and can't be released separately in the form of 10.0.x updates. I'd say the larger the 10.1 update, the better: more MBs = more optimized parts.

Typically, .x updates feature new version numbers for bundled applications, utilities and parts of the system (Finder, ...), whereas .0.x updates don't (they bring bug fixes and minor changes to the OS).

mr mac x, I must confess that...

I too enjoy running Software Update...

I think I'm addicted...

The fact that the !0.1 update is 600mb doesn't really mean anything, it's not like we're going to have to download it! It's going to available on cd, Luckily, the cd is free for registered users of 10.0.

And you never know... We might get some more SU. updates, there might be some intermediate updates that 10.1 requires to run as 10.0.2 did with 10.0.1...

The CD is free to registerd users of 10.0. But you have to pay $20 shipping and handleing. I think I'll just download it myself...

Originally posted by iPenguin

I think I'm addicted...

So am I! I'm going to run it right now just for fun! It's like the PowerBall! You could win, but you probably wont. But it sure is fun! Even better: it's free!

I just got a great idea: I'm going to delete one of the updates I already have, and download it again!! Yay!

$20 F*&@$*g DOLLARS!!!!!!!

That's a bit high for shipping a handling! especially for a single CD!!

Oh well...

I guess I'll have to dish it out... If i tried to download it, it'd take me about a week... ;)

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I"M GONNA GO CHECK SOFTWARE UPDATE! WISH ME LUcK!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

THEY DID IT !!!!!!!!!
THREE CHEERS FOR APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY ANNOUNCED X.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes. Yes... It is quite cool.

But calm down. It ain't 20 exclamations cool.

It is not like this was not expected.

Originally posted by GrandHighOne
I'd say the larger the 10.1 update, the better: more MBs = more optimized parts.
Actually I think I agree... Maybe because I have a nice fast DSL connection though. If I had only a modem I might care more... but then again I'm probably going to pay the $20 for the CD anyway.

Cool avatar icon GrandHighOne!

I think I'm addicted..
I run mine every day, but I'm not adicted... I can stop at any time... Really!

$20 F*&@$*g DOLLARS!!!!!!!
That's a bit high for shipping a handling! especially for a single CD!!
I know there are bunch of unix geeks here, but don't forget that Apple has to pay all of their high priced Aqua graphics designers. The $20 surely will get you a nice booklett that will be, by itself, worth $20 on eBay in the year 2010.

iPenguin, you bettter get that ! key looked at. Clearly it is sticking.

TommyWillB,

Are you a english teacher???

I had one who said that the exclamation point was the most over used punctuation mark in the English language.

:p

No offense or anything...

And at the time when i started this thread I think I was more excited about Apple changing it's website (after about 2 months of the same thing...)... I'm easily excited I guess...:D

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT is stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Proper spelling/grammar _is_ important on the web. I don't see the added value of capitalizing entire sentences or typing 40 "!"-marks.

Back