It's Here - 10.1.5

Wee!

Update 10.1.5 delivers enhancements which improve the reliability of Mac OS X applications, delivers improved networking, security, support for PC Card serial communication devices, and expanded peripheral device support. Specific improvements include:

Peripheral Device Support:
– Expanded support for new Canon digital cameras.
– Improved support for Nikon FireWire cameras.
– Expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest, and LaCie disc recording devices.
– Improved support for MO drives.

Application Improvements:
– Increased stability of Mail and Sherlock.
– Emails are properly retained when rebuilding the Draft mailbox.
– Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro.
– Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display.

Networking and Security Improvements:
– Improves networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers.
– Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes.
– Includes a generic PC Card driver to support a variety of PC Card modems.
– Mail accounts go offline to indicate that SSL encryption settings are not supported by mail server.
– Includes the Security Update April 2002.

WebDAV Improvements:
– More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation.
– Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort.
– Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port.

Asian Language Improvements:
– Significant updates to the Korean Input Method, especially important when using AppleWorks.
– Internet Connect and AirPort applications updated with Chinese and Korean localized content.

Almost done with the download. ;) Mad ups to Ed and Wafa. (Wafa posted it in a different forum.)

How does Finder access of iDisk now compare with Goliath?

edit: finally got it installed. Seems to be pretty comparable. Sweet!

For my money, the Quartz anti-aliasing is the best feature. Text in Word actually looks decent now. All right! Now when are we gonna get anti-aliasing in IE (yeah yeah, I know, use another browser. . . . ;) :p ).

Another edit: whitesaint beat me to IE anti-aliasing below!

I noticed improvments right away, weird ones too, like my iTunes which used to get terrible FPS now gets great frame rates?!!??....wierd. But still thats the only thing i noticed dramatically, and there is no mention of this type of improvment, maybe i just got a bunk 10.1.4 ....Cant wait for 10.2 final.:p

Originally posted by satanicpoptart
i dont care about this one as much... i just want 10.2
Part of me agrees a lot with this...

But I've only had it installed for 10 minutes, so I guess I should defer my final opinion.

Yes now I am probably more likely to actually USE my idisk... Plus I always get giddy after an update! Oddly, it moved all my "F" buttons to the left (volume up now turns capslock on, volume down now turns volume up) perhaps I need to restart again...

Every time I try to upload something to my Documents folder in my iDisk, I get an error 38. WTF? This isn't convincing me to use my iDisk. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 8thDegreeSavage
I noticed improvments right away, weird ones too, like my iTunes which used to get terrible FPS now gets great frame rates?!!??....wierd. But still thats the only thing i noticed dramatically, and there is no mention of this type of improvment, maybe i just got a bunk 10.1.4 ....Cant wait for 10.2 final.:p
Here's probably the iTunes cause:
Originally posted by dricci
– Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro.

(or maybe not, I just noticed the "Nvidia ****eforce2 BS" in your sig:p )

Originally posted by homer
Every time I try to upload something to my Documents folder in my iDisk, I get an error 38. WTF? This isn't convincing me to use my iDisk. :rolleyes:

This is most likely because the files you are trying to copy have filenames that are longer than 32 characters (the limit for Mac OS 9). I have no idea why this restriction is imposed, but I ran into it before, and changing the filename to have under 32 characters and THEN copying is the solution.

Originally posted by sheepguy42

Here's probably the iTunes cause:

(or maybe not, I just noticed the "Nvidia ****eforce2 BS" in your sig:p )

yeah man i dont get it...before on my 867 under 10.1.4 i was getting around 14-24 fps on iTunes at best usually on smaller visual settings, now i can run it full screen with around 40-65!....i seriously dont know how it happened but it happened right after i installed 10.1.5.

Other than that i dont 'notice' anything that much different, i dont have any perphs really so maybe others are feeling it more.:confused: :p :p

Back