It's me again, now with a Sony Handycam software problem...

Keldud7

Registered
Hi there. I have a G4 OS X 10.2.8. My comp fits the requirements for the software that comes with my handycam camcorder. Yet, when I tried to install it, it didn't work. The directions tell me to click on a certain .sit file and so I did that, but ScriptEditor comes up and says it can't read the dictionary or is unscriptable or something like that. What does that mean and can I actually install this stuff somehow?? Thanks so much.

It says to click on a .sit file? .sit is the extension for Stuffit Expander files, which is what should be opening that file. Try opening Stuffit Expander and dragging the file into the big window that appears.

Keldud7 said:
Hi there. I have a G4 OS X 10.2.8. My comp fits the requirements for the software that comes with my handycam camcorder. Yet, when I tried to install it, it didn't work. The directions tell me to click on a certain .sit file and so I did that, but ScriptEditor comes up and says it can't read the dictionary or is unscriptable or something like that. What does that mean and can I actually install this stuff somehow?? Thanks so much.

hi, i've found that if a file automatically tries to open a file with software that doesn't appear to actually open it "correctly" or in a way that is usable to me, i find out what software app the original extension of the file is typically used with. for example, a .sit file is usually associated with aladdin's stuffit expander. if you cannot double-click on the file and the original software opens it, try one of two things 1) open the app first, in this case stuffit expander, then click on the file menu, then open and select the specific .sit file to be opened that way or 2) click on the .sit file to highlight it, holding down the control key and when the menu pops up, choose "open with" which will allow you to select a specific application to open it (other than the one which was "assigned" by your computer which may or may not work appropriately).

hope that helps!

Back