It's not ugly, but

sjb2016

Registered

Sorry dudes, this was supposed to be a response to Cocoaholic's thread here: http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23877

It was not meant to be it's own thread. Ed, feel free to move it to it's proper home as I evidently don't have power to do so.

Like the Newton, the Cube was well before it's time and I bet within a year or 2 we will start to see a move towards mini computers. It won't be everybody as some people obviously need a lot of expansion, but most consumers need no more expansion than USB ports. As far as the originally (and aptly) named iCube, I'm glad that while trying out a relatively (compared to rest of wintel world) creative case design, they included a floppy drive. Everybody knows that without a floppy, a computer is virtually worthless and that's why Macs have been useless since 1997. ;)

I agree about the MiniComputers, and I feel it's already started with Apple's new iMacs, and the Cappuccino systems (I realize there might be other, but can't think of any right now)...
If it wasn't that my next computer NEEDS to be mobile - I'd get one (Apple of course :D).

Floppies SUCK and that computer case _IS_ fugly! Like I said, I've seen some SWEET PC Cases before, and this one is defenatly NOT one of them! heh :D

I saw somewhere that someone had made a custom PC Case made into a Cube, that thing was awesome! I'll see if I can find it again...

Back