iTunes 2.0.1 makes using iSub possible in OSX

CEMatt

Registered
G4/466/Apple Pro and iSub speakers.

Volume controls have always worked great in OS 9.1 and 9.2.1 but in OSX the iSub volume had no individual control and was always too loud...so under OSX I had to leave the iSub unit unplugged.

Now with iTunes 2.0.1 the Equalizer control provides a means of toning down the Bass volume to a usable level. Nice :) , although it would be nicer if Apple would provide individual volume controls in OSX as in OS9.

Clay

I have the Cube's speakers (Like the Pro Speakers, but USB!) and soundsticks (with iSub that has speaker out RCA style plugs) and what I would like most would be to play music over both sets of speakers. I like being able to send the alert sounds through the quieter set, though, if my system voulume is way up for MP3s:D . Really though, does anyone know enough about the USB audio stuff in Mac OS X to know how to send the sound to more than one device?

Maybe I've missed your point but uh..isn't the knob on the iSub a volume for the iSub? It certainly seems to affect mine.

Originally posted by Snyper M
Maybe I've missed your point but uh..isn't the knob on the iSub a volume for the iSub? It certainly seems to affect mine.

:confused: There must be different models of the iSub. Mine has the sealed power supply(no controls on it) which plugs into the iSub speaker. The iSub speaker is completely encased in a clear plastic housing(no controls anywhere on it) which plugs into a USB port.

It works okay on my OS 9.2.1 partition, as the sound control panel has separate controls for the iSub and for the Apple Pro speakers...the OSX system does not have separate controls...just one for all speakers.

Clay

Back