iTunes 2.02

Installed it. It finally supports other languages (german for me). Couldn't see other new things though. But no trouble so far.

Yeah, it adds new languages, and it also fixes a sleep bug where iTunes would prevent sleeping if it was a background app.

It still doesn't fix the disappearing cursor bug, but hopefully when I get my iPod today I can back up and erase and fix that bug. :)

I've noticed that they've put the licence agreement in the .smi file instead of in the iTunes app now, so you have to agree to the agreement to install iTunes... To avoid lawsuits and stuff like that, I guess... ;)

When I burn a CD, half way through I get and error -50!! Then it ejects the disk.

What's all this about? I've got four half burn't CD's that are useless! Any thoughts?

Thanks

Don't know if this is iTunes fault - I suppose it's possible the iTunes update actually changed some CD-reading libraries to prevent 'piracy', or maybe my new CD is one of these 'anti-piracy' CDs you hear about.

I just tried to import audio files off a CD, and iTunes froze solid about a third of the way through. I then tried to manually copy the aiff files, but the last two files wouldn't copy. Put the CD into my USB burner instead of the builtin CD-ROM, and could copy the second last, but still not the last track (OK, I didn't really like that track anyway - they were probably sour grapes ;)).

Then, of course, no obvious way to convert from 600-some MB of aiff files to 80-odd MB of mp3s, since iTunes will only convert if the files are on a CD to start with. Grrr. I suppose I could burn an extra audio CD, and rip the mp3s from that using iTunes, but then what do I do with the CD? Give it to someone - that would be letting iTunes 'anti-piracy' mechanisms force me to pirate music CDs...

itunes will convert aif to mp3, even when the aif is not on cd ...
just go to the 'advanced' menu, select 'convert to mp3', choose the folder and go ... :p

Originally posted by scruffy
Don't know if this is iTunes fault - I suppose it's possible the iTunes update actually changed some CD-reading libraries to prevent 'piracy', or maybe my new CD is one of these 'anti-piracy' CDs you hear about.

I just tried to import audio files off a CD, and iTunes froze solid about a third of the way through. I then tried to manually copy the aiff files, but the last two files wouldn't copy. Put the CD into my USB burner instead of the builtin CD-ROM, and could copy the second last, but still not the last track (OK, I didn't really like that track anyway - they were probably sour grapes ;)).

Then, of course, no obvious way to convert from 600-some MB of aiff files to 80-odd MB of mp3s, since iTunes will only convert if the files are on a CD to start with. Grrr. I suppose I could burn an extra audio CD, and rip the mp3s from that using iTunes, but then what do I do with the CD? Give it to someone - that would be letting iTunes 'anti-piracy' mechanisms force me to pirate music CDs...

Hmm, that sounds more like smudges or scratches on the CD. Have you tried to clean it? :)

I had changed the import preferences to "AIFF filter" in an attempt to import the files right onto my HD.

ksv - I sort of fogged the CD with my breath and wiped it with a kleenex, perhaps it takes more to unsmudge a CD than a pair of glasses?

I'm running 10.1 and iTunes 2.0.1; it's frustrating to me that in under my setup, if you try to command-tab to switch to another app, it moves the cursor between the library/radio tuner pane and the browse text field.

It's definitely not a good sign that Apple would choose to implement this non-standard behavior in one of their flagship apps. Doesn't anyone pay attention to interface guidelines anymore?

Is this just me, or do other people see this behavior also?

I'm having a problem with iTunes 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.

I am the administrator of the computer, however, under any account other than root, when I try to import tracks from a CD i get an 'Access Privileges' error and iTunes is unable to access the audio data on the CD. Is anyone else having this problem? Do you know of a resolution?

Thanks,

BIM

Back