itunes 2, very cool.

boi

official breaker of macs.
the equalizer works great- unlike many equalizers, the sound difference is very noticable. crossfading is pretty slick- you can set the time (up to 12 seconds) for the crossfading to begin. it has cool icons set for playlist files on your hard drive. my external lacie POS burner finally works- hooray! i couldn't get it to work with ANYTHING, and now it works. burning is much faster- it doesn't really have to encode all that crap like it used to. umm... it looks a little different, not much tho. yah, so that's my crappy review of it. :eek:

one day, i'll learn how to use a messageboard.

Attachments

• mydesktop.jpg
    mydesktop.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 324
... indeed, where did you get it? maybe i'm stupid too, but i would have assumed software update would have it, but it doesn't ...
hmmm...

Where did you get it? I want it!!!!! I want the equalizer and crossfader now!!!!! I can't wait until November

Guys dont u know itunes is soundjam!

Sound jam in its last days already had the equalizer inbuilt, apple just removed it.
even when soundjam was at its latest version it still couldnt compare to AUDIONs quality.

The equalizer IS a big deal!

I don't use iTunes because it has no equalizer! I am listening to too many different music styles, this isn't possible (at last not possible of you have a good sense for the music) with a player which you can't influence! Especially with the Soundsticks it is important! The soundsticks together with the iSub are good, but only if you tweak them, since in the standard configuration, the high level sounds are just not good...punk music isn't much fun in iTunes...

I don't have iTunes 2, but I always prayed for a equalizer in iTunes, since all those library functions are cool.

I don't know why, but I dislike Audion. Quality and everything is good, but I don't like the "feel" of the app...maybe I should get a different skin ;)

that iTunes is Soundjam.

Most users don't care, they just want the simplicity of not worrying about getting a 3rd party app for music -- iTunes integrates superbly with the system and works fantastically (and is nonetheless still good quality enough to just listen to music all day)!

Stop getting all Hi-Fi Elitist!:p

... well i don't care whether itunes is soundjam or whatever...
itunes 2 rocks!! vast sound imrpovement even if you don't use the equalizer, and if you do ... well ... wow!
i like it... nice new features in the dock context menu ... and being able to crossfade songs is pretty cool indeed.
good one, apple!

thanks, boi, for the link... :)

now all i need is the money for ipod and i'll be happy ... :) or maybe i should get that ipod lc ... *lol*
:)

Attachments

• itunes2.jpg
    itunes2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 162
Ulrik- how happy have you been with the midrange on your soundsticks?

I've always found the highs to be superb- crisp like a straw dipped in liquid nitrogen- as opposed to my old stereo that had highs like 3am diner-bacon.

I've also had some trouble with the lows- but only occasionally. I think it's mostly due to my positioning.

In terms of mp3 players- I wish I could give mpg123 a higher buffer and have a perl or python or some kind of console utility that I could just screen and disconnect. I love being able to login and logout without interupting my music. I've been using cymbaline (a python shell for mpg123) but the sound always skips on any heavy disk activity- whereas iTunes is rock solid. Oi. cymbaline also recursively searches for .mp3 files in a directory- but it won't find files that don't end in .mp3..... so many tradeoffs. I ought to get my old school computer science on and stop bitching... but there's too much design work- not to mention trying to implement a low level neural network in Lingo :)

Well, the mids are okay for me...if I use iTunes in OS X, the mids are NOT ok, punk or guitar music just sounds "flat". The highs are not that bad, but, compared to some other speaker systems like Diamond, also not superb. They are very clear, yes, but I am missing a certain "punch", you know, when somebody plays the a electrical guitar in very high tones I miss a certain kind of sound...but well, it's a very clear tone, yeah...and I was able to get this special effect with a properly set equalizer in Audion and Quicktime! So I really can't wait to get iTunes 2, since IMHO the soundsticks just don't show what they can in the standard iTunes 1.1 config....the low level tones are great over here, I only had reposition and reconfigure (adjust bass volume) the iSub till I got a very good bass effect from it. All in all, I love this audio equipment ;)

PS: back to the mids: I also am not that impressed by them, and I also don't wanna stress the importance of the equalizer any more, but when I use one, I can increase them a bit, so that they loose this "flat" feeling...

...then again, I am NOT IN ANY WAY a pro on this field, I used to play in a band so I know a bit about it and I know when something sounds good, but I don't now about all the theory behind it...

i plead the 5th!
okay, yah. the skull is X reader. the duck is adium, the greatest 3rd party AIM client made.

Thanks ALOT, dude. iTunes2 is super sweet!! And, yes, Adium is the best 3rd party AIM client.

Gotta go play.

BTW- I noticed that by getting info on songs in iTunes2, you can select the EQ settings for each individual song... yes!

i must say, its very cool! equalizer kicks much ass. PAUL, logon to my server I have it! 2.0f12
Email me paul :D

Originally posted by uoba
that iTunes is Soundjam.

Most users don't care, they just want the simplicity of not worrying about getting a 3rd party app for music -- iTunes integrates superbly with the system and works fantastically (and is nonetheless still good quality enough to just listen to music all day)!

Stop getting all Hi-Fi Elitist!:p

HERE HERE!! I agree.
Oh yeah, the EQ definitely rocks!! It's presets are much more accurate to the style of music than any other app/eq yet. This release is a gem :)

Back