iTunes 3.0.1 update out

iMan

?¿?
I just connected to apples server after it been down for a while and now it had iTunes update on it...
Just thought I'd let people know :)

No, and now when I tried to connect again to apples server with software update it won't connect.. get an error again..
i guess i catched a smal window inbetween down time:rolleyes:

I just looked at apple osx download site and it's not listed there...

edit:

I just tried software update again now it worked, the server seems to be up again, got the message that my software were up to date :D

Hope you guys can get to it now
;)

Does anyone else's Software Update keep reporting that iTunes 3.0.1 is not installed (after it's been downloaded and installed twice already)?

Originally posted by wtmcgee

it's iTunes 3.0.1 ... apparently just speed improvements, and updates compatibility with 10.2.

i have noticed a big difference already in the loading speed and snappiness of iTunes since installing. [/B]

After installing the upgrade on my stock G4 Cube:

1. Everything is much snappier:
- Song selections
- Get Info and field changes
- Full-screen Visuals went from 8 to 14 FPS (what I had in OS9 before the OSX "upgrade"). Again it's on the stock ATI Rage 128 Pro with 16 MB memory video card, no QE.

2. It sounds better, too (I may just be the phychological effect of #1)

I also installed 10.2.1 at the same time, so it may also have had an effect.

Thanks Apple for fixing at least one nasty bug!!

The first thing I noticed is that it fixs the problem while using iSync (beta) at the same time.

In verrsion 3.0, while you pluged your iPod into your computer, iTunes would unmount the iPod while iSync is updating it. But in version 3.0.1, iTunes won't unmount the iPod while iSync is updating the iPod.

Hoohoo! THIS is exactly what AdamByte has always wanted! After typing text in the search field, an "x" pops up so you can quickly get rid of all of the text and have your songs listed again! SO much easier than highlighting and pressing delete! WOOWOO!

Try it now! Apple's still got the best UI advancements!

what would be nice is a GOD DAMN "Delete from library" button even if you delete a song in some playlist.

As it is, if you find a song in a playlist you no longer want, you can't REALLY delete it unless you select the library, then search for that song, THEN delete it.

A delete from library button from any playlist would be a GOD SEND

worth a BILLION times more than a lame "x" to delete the search string... LOL

Originally posted by hazmat
solrac: in all the time you took to rant in that post, you could have taken less to do a simple search and come up with this: http://www.malcolmadams.com/itunes/scripts/scripts01.shtml - look for Wipe-O-Mat. Looks like it does exactly what you need. I have found quite a few shortcomings of iTunes, and a free Applescript for pretty much every one of them.

LOL hey, I had to rant, ok?

But thanks so much for those scripts, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't use it though, unless it's totally integrated. I'll check it out now...

Too bad scripts like these don't have much publicity. So what are some more of the shortcomings you found scripts for?????

One I use often, at least before iTunes 3 allowed prefixing of track numbers (because of the majority of the MP3 players that don't read IDv3 tags) was one to do that for me. One thing that really pisses me off about iTunes is that for some reason you put a CD in and only one song is checked, so to do something where you want to use all the songs, you have to go check off every one. There is no function to check all. So I found a script to check or uncheck all selected songs. The last one I can think of is to create a playlist with the selected tracks in the Library, with the name I type into the dialog box. The one other thing that I find ridiculous is that it seems that you can only burn a CD of songs that are in a playlist. If I select something from the Library, I see no reason why I can't burn them to a CD. I think iTunes relies too much on playlists. If I want to do one action one a file or group of files from the Library, I have to put them into a playlist, do the thing, then delete the playlist?

Originally posted by solrac
worth a BILLION times more than a lame "x" to delete the search string... LOL

Hey, don't insult the little search box X, buddy. Sometimes, it's the little things that count. :D

Originally posted by adambyte

Hey, don't insult the little search box X, buddy. Sometimes, it's the little things that count. :D

Exactly. That's what I was looking forward to in updates like 10.2. The little things. Not iChat or any crap like that.

Back