iTunes 3.0 deleting songs "!"

pnarzem

Registered
I have an iMac Flat Screen, running Jag 10.2.1 and iTunes 3.0

Every once in a while, I get an "!" (exclamation point) next to a song in iTunes. When I click to play it, it says it is not in the library. I haven't cared about the songs it was choosing so I was deleting them from the library. Now it is choosing songs I like.

I click okay to search the library and sometimes I find the song, sometimes I don't. This is hapenning more and more.

Has anybody seen this? What do we do?

I had this happen to me... but it was because the songs were not added to my library yet and I launched iTunes.

It recognized that the music in my music folder wasn't on the list of music in my library and deleted them, without warning!

I lost about 2 gigs of music that I was just going to add into my library!

Back to the original cds I guess!

I of course found the setting under 'advanced' where I can ask iTunes NOT to manage my music for me... no thanks I'll take care of my music from now on. :D

Evildan,

I understand what you are doing. I am doing something different.

I have been using Neo or Kazaa from my PC and then transferring the files to a folder called music on my desktop.

I then start iTunes and then drag n drop the songs into the Library. I do let iTunes manage the library and copy the songs to its library. I then delete the songs from that folder.

The problem is that songs that once have been listened to previously now have that little exclamation point.

I am at a loss.

Perry

A switcher and loving it. If only MS office was cheaper.

Back