iTunes 3 spyware?

I just did a port scan and iTunes apparently doesn't open any ports. That doesn't prove much, but I'm not particularly paranoid. There is always the terrible possibility that a hacker may discover my secret obsession with bagpipe music and use it to blackmail me ... :D

If they ever were to implement this spyware into iTunes, I think Apple is honest enough to let you turn it off in a preference panel.

No worries. :)

frankly i think it would be great if they did. let the mac users of the world decide what is good music and what isn't :D after all, we already know windows users will buy any old thing. :p

You give the RIAA way TOO MUCH credit.

They are so blind by lost sales to see the potential of mp3 music files. They're still trying to destroy the format.

It's been a while since i posted here, but anyways. Point is, those lists of 'top 25' and your rating. Even if they do send data 'home'. ya know how to stop it? 1) delete the recently played playlist. yes. it is a playlist. a SMART playlist. and your rating? so DONT RATE THEM. and to answer a question. yes you can make your own playlists based on whatever criteria you want. hold down..option i think.. or maybe control and click the new playlist button, or goto file>new smart playlist. it really isnt that hard.

Back