bjurusik

Registered
Quite a few new features ...

iTMS:

Free Download / Single of the Week

iMix - Publish your playlists

Music Videos Page - page dedicated to music videos

Movie Trailers - trailers from apple.com now in iTMS

Radio Charts - displays top radio songs in the browsing window by city/state and radio station.

iTunes

Party Shuffle - shuffles songs from your library or playlists, not sure what this mean exactly.

CD Insert Printing - finally, lets you do both front and back, features some templates or use artwork.

Wishlist - drag iTMS song samples to playlist in order to purchase at a later date.

Import WMA files ... self explanatory

Lossless encoder ... 1/2 size of original file

Links to music store ... your library links back to the iTMS

Sounds good to me ...!

there is an iPod software update as well, version 2.1:
Changes to iPod since 2.0.2

Better default contrast setting

Added Voice Memos application (requires optional iPod-compatible microphone, available at www.apple.com/store)

Added digital photo storage functionality (requires optional iPod-compatible photo card reader, available at www.apple.com/store)

Enhanced On-The-Go playlist functionality

Improved playback performance

Added Music Quiz game

Improved backlight functionality

Improved battery meter

iPod Software 2.1 supports only iPods with a dock connector.

bjurusik said:
Import WMA files ... self explanatory
No kidding... really? It's about time, now we at least have the choice to use other services besides the iTMS (not that we'd want to...) and be able to play the songs in iTunes.

You know what, I recently reported a problem with a file in iTunes, and that has come back to get me... the damn thing crashes iTunes when it attempts to convert my library. It will make a copy before doing so, but be aware. So no music till i figure out this problem, or wipe 2 + years of tracking my music, just for that one song, which just isn't going to happen.

HyperLiteG4 said:
there is an iPod software update as well, version 2.1:

I've had iPod Software 2.1 installed on my iPod since I got it.

I am yet to download either the new iTunes or the 'new' iPod software (which, from what I can tell just allows you to use these new lossless compression files), but I'm pretty sure the new iPod gear will be 2.1.1 or so...

It's interesting to note that all the iTunes screenshots are of the PC version...

...oh, and still no iTMS worldwide...

*siiigh*.

Perhaps it's because of the fact that most of iTunes 4.5 is iTMS-related that Apple Australia still haven't listed v4.5:

"Download iTunes 4.2 Update
Download the latest iTunes updater."

installed itunes 4.5 and updated the ipod firmware... on the ipod really nothing has changed but it apparently supports that new apple lossless encoder format (need to try that one out). the party shuffle ojn the new itunes is pretty sweet and make a lot of sense (i am a big fan of things that do) and oh- they added a "eject" button next to the ipod in the source bar.

If here is anyway to extract it, that would be very helpful. What is the package installer that allows for taking them off the install CD? I have a package here, but it does not allow me to install it, so i assume it's aware of iTunes on the system. So how do i remove iTunes 4.5.

I guess i had a corrupt library, because i have plenty of copies, and all of them would import 1/3 then unexpectantly quit. So until i figure out how to save my playlists, I'm stuck with 4.2.

Back