iTunes 4.7 update is not compatible with my airtunes remote speaker?

crypee d

Registered
after updating to the latest version of iTunes 4.7 my remote speaker is now not "compatible". i am using airport express to join my wireless network solely for sending mp3s to my stereo. what do i do to update my airport express? ??

From MacFixIt;

iTunes 4.7 (#3): Issues with AirPort Express, "Not compatible" error; Patience during installation; more

Issues with AirPort Express; "Not compatible" error As reported yesterday, some users are experiencing an issue where iTunes 4.7 refuses to correctly recognize and make use of an AirPort Express.

When this problem occurs, the AirPort Express may be listed twice, and display a "not compatible" error message when selected.

In most instances, users can resolve the issue by making sure the AirPort Express is turned on and operational before attempting to select the device from within iTunes. In-house testing showed proper operation under these circumstances.

Another workaround that has been successful for some readers:
1. Open the AirPort Admin Utility (located in Applications/Utilities on a standard Mac OS X installation) and select the problematic AirPort Express base station.
2. Click on the "Music" tab
3. Uncheck "Enable AirTunes on this base station" and click "Update"
4. Re-check the "Enable AirTunes on this base station" and click "Update"

One more suggestion from Michael Kummer "Open iTunes' preferences and disabled the AirTunes speakers, close the Preferences pane, then re-access it and re-enable the speakers."

Back