iTunes 4 problems

Greystroke

Mr. Wizard
I have been having some horrific bad luck recently with iTunes 4 and the music store (and also with QT 6)

While I was downloading a song from the store, iTunes crashed. Once I restarted iTunes it didn't let me resume downloading of the song even though i have receipt of paying for it. Also I think I went through about six cdr's yesterday trying to burn some of the music i downloaded, after the 4th i figured out it was on the writing of the second song that iTunes would crash. It also happened on another cd I was trying to burn but it happened toward the end of the cd so it wasn't a total loss.

And then wih Quicktime, i have no idea what is going on but i updated through Software Update. I kept getting error messages when i tried to view something from my desktop (internet browsing is still fine). I thought i could reinstall quicktime so I redownloaded it from apple reinstalled but it still has the same problem. One thing I did notice that was different is that it said it found a pre-existing QT pro-key and wanted to know if i wanted to use it. Tat was for way back with QT 4, and they said once qt is upgraded you need to buy pro again so i lost the key.

anyway if you can make out anything of what i'm saying, any help would be much appreciated.

frustration = poor typing...

Back