iTunes 4 - still imperfect?

paulie-mafia

Registered
OK, before y'all start jumping on me I have to say that iTunes is probably the best audio software I have ever used. In fact, the addition of AAC encoding has now got me ripping my entire CD collection again, despite the fact I've already got everything as .mp3.

So, why imperfect? Has anyone else noticed that when you rip a mix album (one where each track blends into the next - sergeant pepper, most dance music compilations) you can never configure iTunes to play the tracks back seamlessly as per the original. Even when I select cross fade and reduce the gap to 0 seconds you still get a tiny pause between tracks. And, when you burn to CD, even if you select 0 second gap between tracks you get a momentary pause before the next track commences. Call me a nut, but Steve, can't you fix it please? I love iTunes but it's driving me crazy!!!

Amen to that.

I have more than one criticism to make:

1. I also hate you need to switch back to the Library to erase a tune. Can't you just make a special 'delete file' shortcut such as Command-Alt-Backspace ?

2. In iTunes 1, when you wanted to edit the tags from a file, you could press Command-LeftArrow or Command-RightArrow to switch to the next tune. Now you can't. Why ?

3. Last, this program eats a lot of CPU. I mean a LOT of CPU. WinAmp does not eat half of what iTunes does. Okay, WinAmp does not burn your tunes. But do you need so much CPU just to read tracks ?

Originally posted by toast
Amen to that.

2. In iTunes 1, when you wanted to edit the tags from a file, you could press Command-LeftArrow or Command-RightArrow to switch to the next tune. Now you can't. Why ?

Command (Apple) + N goes to Next track. Command + P: Previous. That easy!

Back