iTunes 5 Info Thread

OK if you think that there is enough information there to go on, why don't you address his problem sirstaunch? There are at least 50 ways things could have gone wrong that we could help with, but no luck ain't one of them.

Unless this is an exercise in letting our inner angst out, a "You know the old party shuffle used to always mix Isaac Hayes in at just the right time to get to the wife. Since I updated I just am not having any luck." kind of thing. In which case the thread is miscategorized and should be in the cafe.

//Now where was my coffee...

lurk said:
Unless this is an exercise in letting our inner angst out, a "You know the old party shuffle used to always mix Isaac Hayes in at just the right time to get to the wife. Since I updated I just am not having any luck." kind of thing
rofl - to be honest, that would be sufficiently frustrating to warrant posting to let out the inner angst. It would also explain why he didn't go into details because he may have felt embarrassed about it... I think you've cracked it! :D

On a marginally more helpful note, I'm running iTunes 5.0.1 on OS 10.3.8 and I haven't experienced any kind of probs, so it's not anything like the new version only running on Tiger.

lurk said:
OK if you think that there is enough information there to go on, why don't you address his problem sirstaunch? There are at least 50 ways things could have gone wrong that we could help with, but no luck ain't one of them.

Unless this is an exercise in letting our inner angst out, a "You know the old party shuffle used to always mix Isaac Hayes in at just the right time to get to the wife. Since I updated I just am not having any luck." kind of thing. In which case the thread is miscategorized and should be in the cafe.

//Now where was my coffee...

I just reminded everyone what he said :rolleyes:, didn't need the information, just wasn't haveing any luck with it.

The coffee's my shout ;)

ok ok, when i open itunes, running 10.3.7, all i get is a spinning wheel for a solid 5-7 minutes before it will let me do anything like play a track etc... ive now gone back to 4.7, but i shouldn't have to...

That's happened to me occasionally ever since 4.8. I've never been able to nail down the cause. I just have to force-quit iTunes and reload it. Sometime I need to do that two or three times before it'll work, but it always fixes itself soon enough. It only happens about once a week or so, so I don't find it to be a big problem.

And it hasn't happened to me yet with 5.0.1, for what it's worth. And it never happened to me when I was using Panther, either (although come to think of it, I guess 4.8 came out after Tiger, didn't it?).

fryke said:
Hm. Isn't this totally _wrong_ here in Café?
Well, at least people are drinking coffee in the right place. ;)

I agree, though.

lightsabre said:
ok ok, when i open itunes, running 10.3.7, all i get is a spinning wheel for a solid 5-7 minutes before it will let me do anything like play a track etc... ive now gone back to 4.7, but i shouldn't have to...
Have you tried reinstalling version 5.0.1 now that since going back to an older version? Maybe something just went wrong in the installation process.

I presume you meet the 256MB memory and 500MHz G3 processor specs required.

Back