iTunes 6 cant connect to Music Store

zforrester

Registered
Help! I haven't been able to connect to the music store or download podcasts since upgrading to v6! I'm affraid it may be a router problem, since none of the other computers in the house can open it either, though they are windows machines running iTunes 4.9.
We all get the same error message
"iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. The network connection was reset.
Make sure your network connection is active and try again."
the connection is definitely active. Im using Rogers highspeed internet, on a G3 iMac running 10.4.2
I've called Apple TWICE and all they say is to check the online forums, which I have been to no avail.
Please help, I'm getting really, really annoyed.

I've also asked this question at the MacRumors forums here, and the apple support pages here.

Please help!

actually, the rogers guy suggested that, too. Ill have to try it when i get home. Is it possible that the port iTMS uses has gotten blocked somehow? I cant seem to find what port iTMS uses anywhere, so I dont know if it's open or not.

I have the same problem. It started with iTunes 4.5 or whatever, and actually when I was in mid-session. I followed all of Apple's recommendations, including upgrading to iTunes 6.0.1, deleting and rebuilding Keychain, repairing Keychain, repairing my disk and preferences. I have tried connecting to the music store with the firewall off and on. Nothing works. I have asked Apple for help, and they recommended the first page of their online support on this question. I told them that doesn't work and asked for more information, but haven't heard back yet.

The weird thing is, if I keep clicking on the Music Store or the radio streams, after 10 or so tries, I seem to connect. Does this happen to anyone else?

I'm using an iMac G4 with MacOSX.2.8

Back