iTunes 7 keeps crashing.. HELP

HeliAnimal

Registered
2 out of 3 times after I open iTunes after the latest automatic update it just closes! After I get it playing it will play 10 songs or so and just "poof" gone. I'm getting pissed off!

Do you have all of the latest updates installed? Does this error happen if you create a new user and launch iTunes from there?

It seemed to start after the latest update. I tried a new user and it hasn't crashed so far. I'll keep trying today, thanks

The new user has a blank library and a blank preference file to start with. If the new user is working, try (on your old account) to de-authorize your iTunes account, then delete the preference file in /Users/<you>/Library/Preferences, look for a file like com.apple.itunes.plist
After that, move the iTunes music folder to the desktop, and manually re-import the music.

Looks like it's working ok so far. Why is this problem allowed? I'd hope apple looks into it. I switched to OS X so I wouldn't have to change ever setting and mess with the registry just to get my OS to work properly.. ie windows

This has helped me so far (fingers crossed)

Tip from macosxhints.com
Okay, so I had this huge problem with itunes 7 crashing too. (On a 13" Macbook), I figured out what the problem on my computer was. Audacity had crashed and left the output device in a bad configuration.

The fix was to:

Open audio midi setup in the Applications/Utilities folder
On the left, select "Built in Output" from the "Properties for:" select box.
Then, on the right change the format from 96000.0 Hz to 44100.0 Hz.

That fixed it for me!

might be useful to some folks here ;)

Back