iTunes 7

So I know this seems like a minorly small nit, but the large gaps between the sections on the left-hand-side are quite vexing indeed. The gap below the "Library" tab, above and below the "Shared Music" tab, etc. are just annoying. Whereas before all my playlists fit on to one screen (by design, not chance) now I have to either resize the window or :: gasp :: scroll down to find various playlists. Visually it just turns me off as well but thats a silly secondary concern. I'm also not a fan of the super-dark highlights when you click on anything on the left-hand-side. Meh, I'll get used to it.

EDIT: Where the FAWK is my fracking equalizer?!

... totally...

I knew it was too good to be true, for a minute there I thought a grown-up had given some thought to music listening habits.....

Yeah but people would abuse it of course. You could take your music over to a friend's iTunes easily if it allowed you to copy everything. Apple knows you have the rights on the music you "bought" from them and the DRM prevents it from being distributed to more than 5 computers.

I personally love the new cover browser.

I think it's addition is linked closely to the eventual introduction of iTV.

Apple want people to see their Mac as the central 'hub' of their digital life etc. Therefore, with an iTV hooked into their TV set, using the cover browser in iTunes makes it feel almost like you're flicking through your physical DVD / CD collection, rather than just selectiong a title from a text list etc.

Just a thought anyhow! :)

I do agree with what others have said about some of the other aspects of the interface though. I wish Apple would bring everything back into line. Hopefully Leapord will bring back at least some degree of standardised, consistant interface accross the whole system (and definitly Apple's own programs!) ;)

Back