iTunes, album art:

Dekatophil

Registered
Hello,

I'm using Fetch Art to download album art to iTunes. It works fine but I'm looking for a convenient way to copy the art not just to one song but to the complete CD (all songs from one CD that is).
Any tips are much appreciated.

This isn't as convenient a solution as what you are probably looking for, but it's fast:

1. If it's not already showing, select Edit->Show Artwork (or command-G) to show the Artwork imagewell.
2. Select the song that has the desired artwork.
3. Drag-copy the artwork for the selected song to the desktop.
4. Select all of the songs for which you want to apply the custom artwork.
5. Drag the artwork clipping from the desktop to the artwork imagewell in iTunes.

'Works for me. :)

-- Steve

yea thats what i do, i just wish it was smart enough to know the same artist, same album, hmmm... SAME IMAGE. I don't think that would be so hard to incorporate.

1. Select the first track of the album.
  2. Press and hold the Shift key
  3. Select the last track of the album.
  4. Go to the iTunes Script Menu and select Fetch Art.
    [/list=1]
    This will download and copy the artwork to all the files that were selected.

You could also:
    1. Select a track with artwork.
    2. Get info (command + i)
    3. Select the Artwork tab.
    4. Click on artwork to highlight.
    5. command + c.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Select an Album from iTunes browser.
    8. command + i. It will ask if you're sure you want to modify multiple tracks. Agree.
    9. Click in artwork field and hit command +v.
    10. Click OK.
      [/list=1]
      Looks like a lot of steps but it's quick and you don't end up with a duplicate of the image on your desktop.

find a program called Clutter. i think it is on sourceforge. It automatically downloads the art and gives you the option to export into itunes. it also lets you drag album covers to your desktop and you can play the album through itunes by clicking on the cd cover..its pretty cool.

One warning though. When using the artwork, it saves it into the id3 tag and if you have an ipod, you will find you will not be able to store as many songs on it when the artwork is included.

I use Synergy (a neat little $5 shareware app) and it automatically downloads the art to a certain album when you play a song from that album and saves it to your computer, so all you need to do then is select all the tracks on that album at the same time and drag the artwork into the iTunes artwork box. Works great!

forgive me if this question is naive....

cybergoober wrote
"Go to the iTunes Script Menu and select Fetch Art. "

where is the iTunes Script Menu?

Originally posted by cf25
where is the iTunes Script Menu?
To make this menu appear for the current user, create a "Scripts" folder at ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts (where "~" is your home directory), then put at least one AppleScript there.

The menu will appear as an Applescript icon between the Window and Help menus, and you can run scripts by selecting them from that menu.

-- Steve

Back