iTunes Album Cover Art

doublejoint

Registered
man, I must say I'm enjoying this Album Cover feature far more than I ever excpected. I hope they devolope it even more on future releases.
I'd like it if the albums covers would switch from artist to artist when they were playing in a playlist.
Also it would be cool if they showed up when you were browsing and clicked on an album, as opposed to having to click an actual song file in the lower window.

sorry to start a whole thread, but I'm really having a great time with this.

Yeah, sometimes it's strange how totally unuseful stuff becomes exactly the stuff I'm addicted to. Like favicons in Safari. Then Album art (yeh, enable me to put it onto ALBUMS, instead of having to select the songs...). What's next... Labels in Finder? :p

I use iTunesy widget in Konfabulator to show the current album (when it finds it).

I've found my way !

Just look for an album in the store, cmd-4 to copy its image to the desktop, in iTunes, select all songs belonging to the album, drop the image in the art box... and it's done !

yeah, so far I've been mostly just grabbing images from amazon. I've actually scanned in a couple of covers though on some of my more obscure cds.

I've heard a little about that confabulator too. Will the covers that are put into iTunes mp3's will work with that though? I think I heard that you have to have a seperate folder on your HD that the konfabulator widget points to or something.

iTunesy downloads the cover from a network database, no need to scan or store anything on your HD. It finds 50% of my albums.

Get an app called Clutter (you can find in on versiontracker); it will automatically download the album cover of the currently playing track. You can then copy it from the app directly into the Album Cover field in the Info dialog. Cuts out about half the steps of other methods.

Best of all, Clutter is freeware!

Originally posted by doublejoint
man, I must say I'm enjoying this Album Cover feature far more than I ever excpected. I hope they devolope it even more on future releases.
I'd like it if the albums covers would switch from artist to artist when they were playing in a playlist.
Also it would be cool if they showed up when you were browsing and clicked on an album, as opposed to having to click an actual song file in the lower window.

sorry to start a whole thread, but I'm really having a great time with this.

on top of the album cover it says "Selected Song" click on it and it will change to "Now Playing".... this way it will follow your playlist

on top of the album cover it says "Selected Song" click on it and it will change to "Now Playing".... this way it will follow your playlist

Holy Crap that's awesome. Wow, thanks for that tip!

Originally posted by shatfield1529
Get an app called Clutter (you can find in on versiontracker); it will automatically download the album cover of the currently playing track. You can then copy it from the app directly into the Album Cover field in the Info dialog. Cuts out about half the steps of other methods.

Best of all, Clutter is freeware!

It just misst a drag'n'drop feature: cannot take to picture directly to the artwork window or to the desktop.

Jeez, I love clutter! Imagine using this with the new Piles feature in Panther! You could have that old stack of records on your desktop!!! Yeessss!

ooh yeah, that clutter app is pretty cool. What I really want now though is a way to minimize iTunes and still have a little window showing the cover art. Looks to me like this next version of clutter could be just what I would want. If it takes advantage of the covers imbedded into the itunes mp3's anyway. Boy that would sure be cool.

Back