iTunes and Firewire CDR

Bhende

Registered
Hi everyone!

And so I needed to get myself a Firewire CDRW since my SCSI one was no longer supported by OS X, :-(

Anyway thinking smart (so I thought) I went to the iTunes website since I wanted to make sure I bought a CD-Writer which was obviously compatible with iTunes/Disc Burner.

The only drive which was available here in India which was listed there showing 100% compatiblity was a Yamaha CRW2200IX-VK. And so I made the expensive purchase. Cost me about US $450/-. Quite a investment for me.

And then the shock! Dic Burner recognizes the drive BUT, iTunes does not!!! It clearly shows a 'No supported CD Burners found' message. I have OS X 10.1.2 running with iTunes 2.0.3 both latest updates. For the life of me I cannot figure out what the problem is but I am majorly disappointed. I even checked the firmware version on the drive and that matches the website too. it's 1.0 D.

I'm in a fix. Have invested so much money and iTunes doesn't see the drive.

Any suggestions please???

Regards,
Kunal.

I have a Sony drive in an after-market firewire enclosure, and it works with Toast, the Finder recognises it and asks what to do with blank CD-R media when inserted, but wont actually burn the disk, says it cant find the formatting software, and itunes doesnt even recognise it. i was told that toast would replace the Authoring support files used by iTunes etc, but without the Apple files in the extensions folder, itunes just says authoring support not present or some crap. any ideas?
i use 9.2.1

QP

Back