Itunes, And Keychain Problems

BlueSmudge

Registered
I though I knew my way around my computer pretty well. But this problem has kept me busy with out any luck for a month or so.
In iTunes ((6.1) but this has been happening since 4.7) whenever I try to purchase anything I get the message:
iTunes could not connect to music store. The requested keychain was invalid. Please run keychain firstaid and try again.

Of course I've done that, multiple times. I've also tried making a new keychain, but I'm not really sure if I did or what since keychain stuff is all new to me. It doesn't even seem that there is an iTunes item in the keychain and I don't know how to create one.

I'm not sure if the keychain is related to my iTunes acount, or to my internet connection being able to reach the music store, as I can't even log in. Your help will be very appreciated.

Try deleting keychain preferences, in both the System, <startup hd>/library/prefs folder and your personal account <user>/library/preferences if you have one.

It may fix things up, it has for me when I had similar problems (not Itunes, but with Safari).

Unfortunately that didn't work. Infact, I could not really find an itunes preference file in either location. In my user prefs, there were some itunes files but deleting them didnt work.

BlueSmudge:

Any luck with this problem? I have the same issue, and have been unable to get it to work. My WinPC connects just fine, so it's not a problem with my ISP or connection.

Figured I'd merge our threads.

Thanks for any info you've gotten...

Scott

Back