iTunes and Mobile Libraries

Timothy Gerges

Registered
Hi everyone! Happy new year!!
i was think, i use my mac as much as i use my windows computer, however, i have a 160gb hdd and 40gb on the mac, no naturally i dont keep my music on my mac. I was thinking, if i put my 160gb in an external hdd enclosure, i could switch easily between the mac and windows computer, but i know with iTuens, it does all funny stuff with importing and libraries and stuff. Its it possible to have the library contain music on the external hdd without having it import onto the mac harddrive and then i use iTunes on the windows computer to do the same, So they share the same library, and if i make any changes or additions on the one, would it appear on the other?
How would it work best?

Seeing as there have been no posts here, i decided i would do it and see how things work out. They work out!, but extremely slowly!
I copied all my music +-40gb onto an external hdd and pluged it into the mac. I changed the settings in iTunes so that it does not copy the music added to the library to a certain folder on the hdd, (otherwise i will run out of space and we dont want that happening).
Now, everytime i start iTunes, it does something like loading files to library, then the normal itunes window appears, but with only like 10 songs. it says at the top that is doing something like verifying and adding the songs one by one. slowly the added songs appear in the library and i can play them.
Also , the computer runs super slow now with iTunes open.
How do i regain speed and solve this issue?

Back