iTunes burning

jamie_adi

Registered
Having trouble burning audio cd's since upgrading to iTunes2. Files copied from cd will burn fine. Downloaded mp3's cause an error when burning (-50) and ruins the disk.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1st - welcome, since this is your first post!:)
2nd - is this with all downloaded mp3's or just certain ones? corrupted mp3's from net are common and the fastest solution is often to go back and pick up a better copy from another source. the fact that your clean recordings do fine is a good hint that this is what's going on.

Since my post I've discovered that the files that are causing the problems are showing up with Quicktime Icons instead of iTunes icons. You can see this in the "add file to library" window or in OS 9 finder window. I suspect that all files downloaded since loading iTunes 2 are doing this. I never had a problem with iTunes 1.

You could try this.

Select any mp3 file and get info on it. In the get info window, select "Open with application" in the drop down menu and make sure iTunes 2.0.2 is selected. If not, change it to iTunes 2.0.2. Then click the button that says "Change All..." to make sure that all mp3 files will be associated with iTunes 2.0.2.

Also.. go to your QuickTime preferences under your System Preferences and under the "Plug-In" tab, click the button at the bottom that says "MIME settings..." From here, make sure that the MP3 check box is unchecked so QuickTime isn't changing association of MP3 files at all.

Good luck : ]

That makes everything look just fine, but doesn't solve the problem. The files still will not burn and make another coaster or frisbee.
The problem may lie with LimeWire. I've checked on 3 systems and recent files have been downloading as Quicktime files. However very recently (last couple of days) the files have been fine.

So, I may have to dump all the old files (if I want to burn them) and hope that they download correctly from now on.

Back