iTunes dockling?

Have you upgraded to iTunes 1.1.1? I seem to recall that the dockling was a configuration option set during the upgrade.

(I might have skipped an upgrade, so I could be wrong about at which point the dockling showed up.)

Originally posted by atoms
Have you upgraded to iTunes 1.1.1? I seem to recall that the dockling was a configuration option set during the upgrade.

(I might have skipped an upgrade, so I could be wrong about at which point the dockling showed up.)
No, no. It's on my dock, I'm just wondering where the actual file for the iTunes dockling is.

Personally I think that the dockling for iTunes should be part of the app. I don't like having to have 2 icons for iTunes to have thse features. What do you think?

I think the functionality of the iTunes dockling should be accessed by simply clicking on the iTunes app icon in the Dock. Or, if you minimize the iTunes window to the Dock, you should be able to access there as well. I see no purpose to the Dockling.

Throwing in my 4.5 cents (adjusted for inflation), I think that it should be part of the main app. If we had docklings and apps, and shortcuts and so on on the dock it would become a big mess, icons to small to see or click... urgh...

One thing I will personally miss is the control strip.
Dock for apps
strip for shortcuts

Admiral

Originally posted by VGZ
Personally I think that the dockling for iTunes should be part of the app. I don't like having to have 2 icons for iTunes to have thse features. What do you think?
The reason I asked about where the iTunes dockling was located in the first place was so that I could change the icon to the actual iTunes icon. see:
fe7c496a.jpg.orig.jpg
the only problem is that when you open itunes another itunes icon pops up at the end of the dock, but I hardley even notice it.

Back