itunes FREEZES while importing

glassed

Registered
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my itunes. Everytime now whenever I try to import songs on to my itunes (through cd's or files on my computer) it will usually import 2-5 before it freezes. When I say freeze, I mean my whole computer freezes, so I have to shut down my computer manually and then restart. The cd's I try are store bought as well as burned. I updated my itunes recently and the problem still is happening

Please, if anyone knows the solution or a link to a solution, please post it. Thanks!

you might like to give us some more info, like which version of itunes it is? (4.7? 5? 6?) and your osx version....

The version of iTunes I have is 6.0.1, the newest version. It started happening with the previous version, but then a few weeks ago I updated to version 6 and it still happens. My computer is fine, I have a gig of RAM. It never was always like this, it just started happening one day and now it always does it.

Oh... Then you should

a) try looking at various installed CD-burning applications and drivers and sort them out,

b) try a Windows based forum. Although some of us have experience using (and also supporting) Windows computers, it's just not the place for it, and you'll find better support elsewhere...

c) write to Apple about it, use their forums, too.

What condition are the Cd's in? Scratched? Marked? Do other Cd's such as Cd Roms play ok? Could your CD drive too....

Back