Itunes From PC To Mac Question

shubydoobydo

Registered
Hello All,

I have my itunes library saved on my external hard drive and i have been using it on many different pc's. Recently I get a powerbook and now I can not access my itunes library from my hard drive. If any of you can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More info please....

Can you access it from the PCs? Can you see anything on the external at all while using your powerbook?

Yes I can see my library from my mac, however I can not connect to it to play anything. As for it working on the other PCs it works fine, although none of those are apple. I am guessing that I need to convert the files somehow. Thanks for the response.

Yes I can see my library from my mac, however I can not connect to it to play anything. As for it working on the other PCs it works fine, although none of those are apple. I am guessing that I need to convert the files somehow. Thanks for the response.

If they are .wma's then your Mac wouldn't play them using iTunes, but you could play them through QuickTime .... and convert them to a recognised Mac format using Switch ...

If you can see you music from FINDER on your Mac, you should be able to double-click on the file, which should launch i-Tunes to play it, and show it under the MUSIC library. If you can do that, you can use FILE->Add to Library in i-Tunes (maybe using the DO NOT COPY INTO i-Tunes option if you don't want to duplicate the music files on you Mac) to bring them in.

By the way, there is a WMA plug-in available to let you play WMA files with i-Tunes on Mac OS X. I use it.

Back