iTunes gaps

easterhay

little green rosetta
Apologies if this is a repost - search yielded zilch.
It's a 'wits end' type moan - when importing a live cd into iTunes how the hell do I get it to simply replicate the original CD, ie no gaps between tracks, no slick (but glaring) merge between tracks - just a straightforward reproduction of the original without clunky transitions from one track to the next?
All help gratefully received.

You're not the only one. This is something that has annoyed me since I've gotten my iPod. I just kind of gave into it and ignored the gaps, but if someone would know of a solution to this problem it would be a great help. I'm hoping this isn't part of the DRM mechanism... :(

Dumb question... have you done this?....

From the "iTunes" menu choose "Preferences"... Then click "Advanced," then click "burning"... There you can change the "Gap between songs"... to "none"

Does that help?

he means in the import, not the burning. i could have sworn that there was an option to import the cd as one entire track.

yup i thought there was. with a cd in, select all the tracks and "Join CD Tracks", from the advanced menu.

cheers el diablo.

Thanks all - Will look into LMB's suggestion and I promise to join some freaky and over-zealous religious nut-fest if it works. I have been going bonkers over this. Thanks for the help,
easterhay

Back