iTunes gone berserk

redcloud

Registered
Hi all,

I've spent the whole day trying to fix this, and I still haven't a clue.

Attached (I hope) is a .png screenshot of it.

All the text in iTunes Libraries, song titles, equalizer, even the scrolling text in "About iTunes" is in a non-english alphabet. But when I click on a Library the text turns back to English until I click on another one, at which point the previous name turns back to whatever language has invaded it. Could I have a virus or something? Never had one of those.

I've logged out and back in, restarted, upgraded from iTunes 4 to iTunes 6, stopped and restarted Synergy, booted the system from the install CD and verified the startup disk (all ok), checked the International prefs pane. I don't know what else to do! Has anybody else had this problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 11
No Microsoft products recently, but I have been on a font scavenger hunt. I've recently downloaded some Windows fonts, just to see if they really work.

Just read that thread you recommended, and they did mention Lucida, which I recently downloaded. I'll give that a whirl.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

That did the trick. IT WORKS AGAIN!

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help. I had visions of system rebuilds and hours of work to fix this.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Bill

Back