iTunes is fickle about burning playlists

rkearney

Registered
I have always been able to troubleshoot my way around a problem in iTunes (running on a PowerBook G4 titanium) but this one is beyond me.

So I've got two playlists I want to burn onto a CD, #1 and #2.

#1 fails. I put a blank CD in, it checks the playlist, initializes, then immediately finishes and spits the disc out with the "attempt to burn a disc failed" warning. I try it 10 times with 10 different blank discs (all same brand) and it fails.

#2? No problems at all. I can burn it to my heart's delight.

So. I go back to #1. What makes it different? I check to make sure the files are where they're supposed to be on my HD, and I even convert a few to AAC in the event that iTunes doesn't understanding the encoding (which, really, would be impossible since it plays in iTunes).

Then I reorder the playlist. I simply swap song 6 with song 11. I didn't want to--it changes the flow of the mix. But what do you know? It works, and several burnings later, everything's running smoothly.

I would love, and would be grateful, to have someone solve this one.

I'm not sure if it's still true but iTunes will only let you burn a playlist that contains tracks from the iTMS a maximum of 7 times - after that you need to alter the playlist before it'll let you re-burn it.

I suspect your "CD Info.cidb" data base was slightly munged.
When you swapped tracks 6 and 11, you rewrote that segment
and fixed the problem.

Swap 'em back and see if all is happy again.

Back