iTunes: Is it possible to shuffle by Artist? (not album, songs or grouping)

Sommerjazz

Registered
I would love to shuffle my playlist by artist: all the songs from the same artist is played before jumping to a new artist. But I can't find a way of doing it. Albums doesn't help me much, as I have ex. 4 songs from 3 albums from the same artist. (Especially on party playlist, with only hit songs from each artist).

Can anyone please help? Or do I have to group my artists...

Linda

Try to create a smart (intelligent?) playlist which filters your iTunes library by artist. I don't know the exact wording because my Mac is German.

SommerJazz:

As mvcube said try the Smart Playlists...

I added a visual... for example i have a bunch of chopin use the filters to do the work for you... then press the shuffle button on the bottom of the iTunes.

Just a tip... MP3's a lot of the time are not properly named... so play around with the filters to arrive at your most desired search.

:)

Attachments

• smartPlaylist.png
    smartPlaylist.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks, but what I want to do is to shuffle a smart playliste. I have a playlist with all my 5-rated songs on. I want to shuffle inside this playlist in a way that let me play all the songs from one artist before randomly shuffle to a new artist. But - it has to be artists, not albums. I tried the "grouping", and that works - but for it to continue to work I'll have to manually add new albums from an artist to the grouping etc. Hope this make any sense :)

Back